Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Princess Jaye and the illusive job......

One day God told Princess Jaye it was time to go back to Pagosa Springs because He had a job for her there. Princess Jaye went very happily back to Pagosa with happy hopes in her heart. She had a couple of options and chose the one she thought was the best but before too long discovered that perhaps she had jumped in the movie set of the Devil Wears Prada. So she quickly said, "enough of that" and moved on to the next job she thought was the dream job - insurance it was - oh but she was deceived - insurance was too boring for her creative mind and not long after she jumped into that job, her boss decided he really didn't have time or energy to invest in her and sent her on her merry way....hmmm what to do? Princess Jaye was upset but trusting in the Lord for her future of good plans she carried on each day happy in the Lord.

During the next few weeks, God continued to press on her heart ministry to the people in Pagosa but Princess Jaye did not see anyway of that happening and she began to panic. One day she happened upon a friend leaving a receptionist job at the beautiful hot springs resort in Pagosa! Without consulting her Father, she thought, "How about she take that job? How fun would that be? Working in a spa, getting facials and massages and being in the land of makeup and tanning beds, etc." Really fun! but alas Princess Jaye was way too honest and naive for the big bad owner of the spa and after six happy weeks on the job, Mr. Spa removed her from the schedule. Forever!

Princess Jaye was very angry and unhappy. She cried all day having the best pity party ever. She spent a great portion of the night planning her revenge. She would just tell that spoiled brat of a spa owner what she thought of him and then she would send him a little present of a pacifier, a pull-up and some colors and coloring book for the next time he had a little hissy fit. Feeling quite satisfied with her plan she fell asleep.

The next morning, she woke up still stewing over the situation but wait - what was that little voice in the back of her head??? Vengeance is mine says the Lord? But, but God.....I had such a good idea.....okay...so Mr. Spa has way more money that I ever thought about having and maybe revenge isn't the way to go.....Pagosa is small and I sure don't want to burn any bridges......

Uh what did you just say God? "I need to be about My Father's business?" "Well, yes God, I know that I have been praying about ministry and I have a really good idea but I am scared to step out and try it. I mean - how am I going to live? If I gave up the condo and my car, I could probably share the gazebo at town park with Chris the token homeless guy but.....is that really what I have to do......?????? And the river - honestly God do you KNOW how freezing could that thing would be to bath in? Oh yeah, you made it....... What?? Absolutely do not make another career move until I hear from You?.....O....Kaaay.....

You know God I really want to trust you but this is getting way , way too scarey. I have had so much change this summer that I can't even follow me. You did see my blogspot about my cheese being moved? You know the reason I named the blog "follow me fast" is because my life seems to change very fast and if you want to keep up you better move fast.....oh you know that.....what? say that again because I am not sure I heard you....

"For I know the plans I have for, plans not to harm you but to give you a future and a hope." And for now - that is all you need to know and trust and believe in.
Goodnight, Princess Jaye......God.


Jaye P.

www.followmefast.blogspot.com

No comments: