Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The flying bee

What is my next step....well, I am working as a substitute teacher, working for my friends, and working on the after school care program. This decision is a day by day step of faith. Seriously. I feel very much at peace even if it doesn't make sense. I have prayed for God to open doors of ministry and I feel that He is and has. Right now I cannot be specific about that but trust me, He is opening doors.

If I step out and go get a job then I lose the time and freedom I have to pursue the ministry options. Believe me - this is a faith step.....I am seeking
God's wisdom on this. The beautiful thing about God - one of the many - is that He covers us in our faith and our mistakes. If I am making a mistake, He has got me covered and if I am on His path - I am covered.

I was reading a devotional book the other morning and came across a story about bees. Did you know that when little bees are in their first stage they are put in one of the little hexagonal spaces in the hive. Just enough honey is placed in there with them so that they will thrive and then a wax capsule seals the little bee in. The little bee thrives on the honey until it is time for them to emerge. The little bee has to wrestle its' way out of the wax enclosed space. Wrestling its' way out is essential for the bee for you see as it fights its way out of the hive, it rubs off the membrane that hides its wings. Without the fight, the little bee can't fly.
A story is told that once a moth got into a hive and ate away the wax enclosure and the little bees were freed without any strain or trouble - but they all died. Why? They didn't have a way of freeing their wings and the other bees stung them to death.

I look at my own life and see the times I have had to free myself from my hive. It is and has been really hard but you see, I have come out with a stronger faith in who my Lord Jesus is because I know the character of my Lord. And I can fly in my faith of my Lord.

Somedays I free fall and somedays I fly......whether I am free falling or flying, I am going to praise God for the "waxing" moments He allows me because for every waxing experience I wrestle through - I get to fly higher in my faith and in my love and trust of Jesus.

Jaye - the flying bee.....

No comments: