Monday, September 15, 2008

Just Jump

Hey all,

I have been reflecting on trusting God and talking to Him about how difficult it is sometimes when you can't see the way......and you are scared......and this word picture came to mind........

I remember standing in the pool, arms outstretched to my little babycakes and saying, "Come on baby, just jump! I am right here! I will catch you! Don't be scared...." and they would stand there, little legs shaking and wanting to jump so badly but they would say, "Mom, you are going to catch me?" "yes!" I would say, "Just jump!" "Mom, move closer - you are too far out!" "No I am not! If I get any closer you are going to hit your head on the side - Just Jump! I promise, promise I will catch you!" and then finally they would sort of jump-belly flop in the water and into my waiting arms. After they rubbed the water from their eyes and nose, they would break into these victorious grins and revel over their bravery. And I would say, "See that wasn't so bad! Look how brave and awesome you are!" And they would grin and say, "Let's do it again!" Then they would climb out of the pool, stand on the side, ready to try again. Their little legs might still tremble but not quite as much. They had made the plunge and Mom was there to catch them. True to her word.

I have to admit I would back up just a little so that they would have to jump a little further out but always, always, I was there to catch them. I would never let my babes stay under water......they may have gone under but they were never out of my reach. I always caught them up out of the water, laughing and hugging them to me.

But now, I think I am the little kid standing on the side of the pool and Jesus is standing there arms outstretched. "Trust me, Jaye. I know you can't see what I see but I am going to catch you. Trust me, keep your eyes on me, take this leap of faith and it is going to be okay."

"Jesus, come closer! I think you keep backing up and making me jump too far - I'm scared......" "If I come any closer, it won't even be a jump! come on Jaye just jump! I haven't ever dropped you yet, have I?" My legs are shaking and I want to jump but......."You are going to catch me?" I ask Him one more time. and then I squeeze my eyes shut .....and.....jump.....

I am still free falling and my stomach is rolling over and over but I am sure that My Father is there ready to catch me......if I, as a Mom am true to my word to catch my kids, is He not ever so much more faithful and true to His word to catch me?

Psalm 18:19 He brought me forth into a broad place; He rescued me because He delighted in me.

My hope and prayer is that He delights in me......
Jumping Princess Jaye

No comments: