Friday, July 31, 2009

School Update

Let's see...last night at 11:49 p.m. I posted my Humanities final...woohoo! I am done with that class. Now for biology...actually...I have kind of enjoyed that class. I have some rather dippy test grades - 59...103...78...every other test I have had some crazy schedule like taking the Praxis and almost being brain dead and then spending 34 hours in 3 days on the road getting to my daughter's baby shower. (Totally worth the grade sacrifice!) Great testing set up. Driving and studying is less than productive and promotes hazardous driving.

In three days I will take my final biology test and be done with the class. That leaves...University of Phoenix. As of tomorrow I have two weeks and one day left to finish the class and GRADUATE!!! What a summer!

I mentioned the Praxis....remember the test I took earlier this summer? I PASSED IT!!! So I have an endorsement to teach Middleschool Language Arts but since I didn't get the job...oh well...

I am exhausted and overwhelmed beyond belief. Along with trying to study and write papers, I have been looking for jobs. I have applied in Durango, Bayfield, Ignacio, and will apply for a job here in Pagosa tomorrow. I have an interview (tomorrow/Monday) in Ignacio as a headstart teacher. Not really what I want to do but sometimes you have to do what you don't want to do in order to get to do what you want to do.

I am scared. I know that God promises to take care of me but there sure seem to be a lot of "no's" lately. Sometimes I see Chris the homeless guy downtown and I think of other homeless people and I wonder at what point did they just say "I give up. This is too hard" and they just quit. I don't know the answer to that but I do know that whatever it is that snapped inside of them doesn't seem to exist in me. No matter how hard things are I can't just throw up my hands and give up.

I have prayed and my prayers have had phrases such as "....tired of being the poster child for faith....", "...is there really a job for me out there?..." "Have I persevered these past three years in order to still not get a job?"....the competitions stiff and I am inexperienced..."Lord, I need an open door." Actually, the day I found out I passed the Praxis exam, I had prayed for a glimmer of hope. I was almost sick as I opened up the website to find out and then it didn't say. I spent 45 minutes on the phone trying to find someone who could tell me whether I passed. I was deliriously happy when I was told I had passed the exam. My glimmer of hope.

Please continue to pray for me.
1. Pray for me to have wisdom to know what to do.
2. I want to get into the teaching field but I need a miracle from God for that to happen.
3. More than anything I want some stability. I want a steady job with a steady paycheck.
4. Pray for me to have renewed hope. My hope thread is pretty thin.

PS I have a beauty tip warning for you. Do not try to massage the cellulite off of your body. It just bruises you and makes you look like somebody beat you up. Seriously...and it doesn't help the cellulite go away.
Jaye P.

1 comment:

Lion Lunch said...

Well described and concluded! However, it might be more like Jaye to be a bumble bee rather than a butterfly......zooming around in a buzz spreading pollen to others so that they may reproduce with spiritual fruit.