Friday, June 5, 2009

Living Life Backwards

I would rather write about my adventures than study.....I think I am burning out on the studies....how much can you stuff into your brain?



Let me tell you about biology. First off, I am enjoying it about as much as I did in High School....not much. organelles, mytosis, ribosomes, chromosomes.......today we had to look at slides under a microscope and identify and draw what we saw of the stages of cell division in a plant and animal cell....I finally conceded to being slide challenged and called the instructor over. My description of the slide was like this:

"It looks like corn on the cob with this little dark kernel looking thing..." The instructor stopped, looked at me, and with a quizzical expression said, "I don't believe I have ever heard it described like that...." Then she told me what I was looking for and told me I could just copy it out of the book. biology lab is going to be great.... 7 weeks and counting...



Humanities - love that class and the instructor is a riot. She has this very dry sense of humor and makes me laugh all the time. I would tell you some of the things she says but you just have to be there to get it....the subject? lots of stuff....my favorite so far is the story about the little child born in a corn field and raised by corn.....see - you have to be there.....



Hostel life .....rocks! Seriously! I would do it again. Smelly roommate left yesterday and amino acid recovery lady will be there through next week. She is really nice but I realized very quickly she values sleep. I kept getting text messages the first night after we went to bed. I turned my volume off or at least to vibrate. The next morning she says, "You were on the phone late and a lot last night." I said, "You heard me texting?" She replied, "I have a hard time sleeping...." point taken. Turned the phone off last night.



There are new people there all the time. Two guys from Sweden were making their way across the United States; college engineering and aerospace grad from Univ. of Arizona chillin' out and rock climbing for the week; a team of college students working for the forestry service for the summer travelling across Colorado; just a conglomeration of people...it is very interesting....at night some of them get together on the guitars and jam, toke a little dope...just kidding....drugs are not allowed......thought I would throw that in there since it is such a part of the hippy life....



Co-ed bathrooms - no big deal. It's not like camp and everybody is on the same schedule getting ready. I think I only encountered two males in the bathroom....the shaving guy and some guy yesterday taking a shower. (I went back and read that and it sounds a little risque but it wasn't....he did sing in the shower though...happy little guy...) I know it sounds wild and crazy but it really isn't. The showers and bathroom stalls all lock and are totally enclosed....the shower stalls have a changing area within the locked stall....no big deal.....



Had the marriage, had the kids now living the financially challenged, white, female, single college life.....I am living life backward and loving it!



I have to be a responsible college student and study...My new boyfriend Praxis is calling my name...

1 comment:

Lion Lunch said...

Keep on keeping on, Jaye Lady!